Monday, November 20, 2023

Word Slam event

 I attended WORD!'s WORD!Slam event at Attenborough Arts Centre in Leicester on Thursday 16 November 2023. This year, this was delivered as part of a brilliant collaboration with the locally based, Some-Antics.


The event included a free afternoon workshop from 4.30pm till 6pm on performance skills. This was led by experienced poets, Rob Gee and Lydia Towsey. I found it very enjoyable and useful because it gave me small but effective techniques to perform on stage. I also valued this time there  because it improved my confidence and my ability to have a can do attitude.

The evening included a poetry slam filled with many talented poets. There was a headline act, Laura Dickson, I caught the start - one word: fantastic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments and feedback, please do keep looking and commenting

Word Poetry Sini Seneviratne

  A Night of Words and Connection: Poetry Event at Attenborough Art Centre Yesterday evening, I had the pleasure of attending a captivating ...