Monday, December 4, 2023

International Day of People with Disabilities

 I attended a WORD! poetry event on the 30 November 2023 at Attenborough Art Centre to celebrate International Day of People with  Disabilities.


In the afternoon there was a free workshop organised and led by Teagan Buckley and Lydia Towsey. It touched my heart strings - as a disabled man I could relate to many of the problems described by participants and faced by disabled people on a daily basis.

In the evening I really enjoyed myself with fellow poets and friends because I got the opportunity to share and perform my poems. Finally I would like to thank everyone for organising and Lydia for the ongoing support and engagement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments and feedback, please do keep looking and commenting

Word Poetry Sini Seneviratne

  A Night of Words and Connection: Poetry Event at Attenborough Art Centre Yesterday evening, I had the pleasure of attending a captivating ...